Sunday, June 3, 2012

CLUB 12/68 REUNION GUILIN – YANGSHUO, CHINA – 28 MAY – 02 JUNE 2012



 Day 2 – 29 May 2012
This is the day the golfers were waiting for. A day of golf at the Landscape Golf Club. Prior to that we had breakfast at the 5th Floor.


 




The golfers left at about 7.30 am and the non-golfers shortly after.



The clubhouse look impressive enough. We changed at the Changing Room and proceeded to the starting point.


Our bags were in the buggies and a caddy for each of the golfers. I had difficulty trying to know my caddy’s

 

name and eventually called her Jenny.
Our flight was a threesome. So I was alone in the buggy, driven by the caddy.

 




 


There were comments about the course especially of the greenholing on all the greens.

On my part, I just love the views. We were surrounded by hills.


One was Thumb Hill and there was a ‘Nipple Hill’
or so I thought as explained by Jenny. There must be a more mellowed name to it I’m sure.



There was no betting amongst us. Either respecting one another or just don’t have the heart to deprive a friend of their Renminbis. Khalid and Kamaruddin were good enough to return good scores whilst I am happy just to move around the course. Surprisingly I saw no bird except for one.


It looks like our ‘burung wak wak’. There were no monkeys either. Not much could be derived of the surroundings as our only means of info was the caddy. It was like ‘ayam and itek’ talking.
It was our first day of the golfing competition.


Whilst having coffee, either Brazilian, Columbian or Madelin, the Golf Convenor, John Ramli, was busy computing the scores. It was a system 36 with a Stableford Points score. I didn’t even try to understand the rudimentaries.
We went back to the hotel, rest a bit and set out for dinner again. Yes, at the same restaurant. This time around, the dishes tasted better. The telur dadar tasted like telur dadar. And there was a sambal belacan, I thought. Of course I was already on Mie’s table enjoying her sambal ikan bilis. Also Azizah’s serunding daging.
A plan trip for a night shopping was aborted due to rain. We went back to the hotel.



No comments:

Post a Comment